Hi, I’m Gwen.
How it all started
Ever since I could remember, I was a writer.
English was my favorite subject in school. Essays were a blank canvas for my imagination.
Examinations were uninterrupted blocks of creative flow.
My teachers loved me; told me I had a bright future in journalism – because that was the only feasible career path for writers.
Needless to say, I believed them.
• • •
So there I was in an American Degree Transfer Program, studying to be a journalist.
I was growing jaded with writing about other people. I wanted to be out there doing things, too.
And then I came to this realization:
It was a timely one.
With the help of a few clubs and good ole Internet research, I broke out of my shell.
Attended events. Joined organizations. Met people. Talked to them.
Changed my mindset. Changed my life.
• • •
My love for words has manifested in many ways over the years:
To champion the causes I care about…
To raise awareness about worthwhile events…
To pay homage to and learn from the best…
To participate in mind-blowing experiences…
To build movements that defy tradition and challenge norms…
… And to share my insights on this blog throughout. 🙂
Some fun facts…
- I try to try everything at least once. “Curiosity” is my #1 Gallup strength.
- “Shining eyes” is both my favorite TED talk and my personal definition for success.
- I love creating experiences that spark deep conversation and authentic human connection.
- I find immense joy in art, dance, and spoken word poetry.
- I’ve memorized the entire Cards Against Humanity deck. #noshame
- Karaoke is a hobby, right? (I repeat, #shameless.)
- I know the lyrics to every pop song post-90’s. My hidden talent is rapping FloRida’s “Low”.
- I believe in the infinite potential of every human being I meet.
- This quote right here is #everything:
“Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” ― David McCullough Jr.
I believe in…
❤ Creating internal and external safe spaces for people to connect, explore and grow.
❤ Bringing people together through conversation, connection, vulnerability and authenticity.
❤ Building transformative experiences that expand people’s consciousness of the world and themselves.
❤ Crafting a life that I can be proud of – one that is deliberate, mindful, inspirational and kind.
Through all this, I want to touch the lives of 30 million people by the time I’m 30.
To borrow the wisdom of a well-loved poet:
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate; to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson